Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Tennis, Anyone?


I was never much good at tennis. My backhand was weak and more often than not my ball went way out of bounds. But my stinky game didn't keep me off the court because no matter how much I sucked, I knew I had the golden rule of tennis down pat:

Skort plus tretorn = suh-weet look.

The skort is just pure genius. You get all the girly benefits of wearing a skirt (it swooshes) with the added protection of shorts (for when it swooshes too high). Couple that skort with a pair of tretorns and you've just spread some cream cheesey goodness on your bagel.

Now, thanks to the reopening of the Harlem Tennis Center, we'll be seeing a whole lot more of this ensemble Uptown. Located at the armory on 142nd street between Lenox and Fifth Avenues, the new center is scheduled to open on October 15. The New York Sun reports that "it's the best thing to happen to tennis in New York City in more than a decade."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home