Monday, October 16, 2006

Adverffiti


This "graffiti" on the corner of 126th Street and Lexington Avenue caught my eye over the weekend. I was impressed with the guy's duds and the ATM machine is just rockin'. But upon closer inspection, I realized it was an advertisement for Washington Mutual.

After researching the adverffiti online, I discovered that it is part of a Hispanic advertising campaign that the bank recently launched to resonate with Spanish-speaking residents. It appears that the ATM is eating fly-boy's money, and the ad asks "is this how you feel when you're using an ATM?"

I'd have to say no, unless the ATM was chomping down my bagel in which case I hope my WTF? look was as fabulous as this guy's. Still, I'm curious if these ads are actually resonating with consumers or just reinforcing stereotypes...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE it!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home