Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Sweaty Bagel


This heat wave is melting my bagel. With record-breaking temperatures forecast for the next couple of days, I'm bracing for my third heat wave of the summer - having gone through the first one in the city earlier this month and then another last week in Los Angeles.

The frizz factor is the only noteable difference in the two. As Californians did everything they could to stay indoors, I was thrilled to discover that the great (dry) outdoors didn't inflate one single hair on my head. Here in humid New York, my locks are puffed up enough to often require an additional subway seat. Still, I'm glad to be back. Me and my hat, that is.

Harlem blogger Joe Schumacher assures us that a cold front is expected to arrive late-Thursday or possibly Friday. I'll try to post some pictures later on what the heat wave looks like in Harlem. (full disclosure: it's not so pretty.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If it's not cooler on Friday I'll treat you to a bagel made in Harlem!

7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome back, bagel!

It's not just harlem! I just bought a bagel from a bagel guy on 56th and Broadway, and it was nearly toasted! still yummy, though :)

11:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hear you about the frizz factor! I'm growing tired of the librarian bun I am forced to sport in this humidity. Luckily, the bagels on 104th have somehow survived the heat.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home