Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Boxing Bagel (Part 2)


I was happy to see that my bad-boy boxing dreamboat of a boyfriend has made his way into this week's New York Magazine. While I've never met Dmitriy Salita, the Hassidic professional boxer from the Ukraine who now resides in Brooklyn, I've written about him before and will admit to fantasizing a bit about those big boxing gloves.

The article profiles Salita and his upcoming fight this Thursday night at the Hammerstein Ballroom in midtown Manhattan. It seems the 24-year-old will be fighting for his life, and like any good girlfriend, I'll be cheering him on; whispering sweet nothings to him from my fantasy V.I.P. lounge back-ring.

While I've never boxed, I've been in the dating ring with several Jewish men since I last posted on the "Kid Kosher." Salita's ability to blur the line between the nice Jewish boy and the badass boxer puts all my rounds of relationship knock-downs into perspective. At times I think none of those matches amounted to much more than a box o' matzah, particularly when stacked up against a a guy who "looks Russian, prays Jewish and fights Black."

After being beaten down and bruised in his last fight earlier this year, he's coming back for more tomorrow night. His profound faith is inspiring. Things get messy in that ring but Salita proves its worth the fight.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fight is on Direct TV on the FSNY network. Cheers!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home