Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Summer Bagel


Apologies for the longer-than-expected bagel break. After a short vacation, Mama Bagel came to town and I've been busy reverting back to being a teenager. This always happens when Mama Bagel is around, but particularly in the summertime.

In the seventh grade, I used a wonderful product on my hair called Sun-In. I would spray this chemical concoction promising "natural highlights" on my tresses before lazing around an Indiana swimming pool, where the mane magic would happen. It made my dark hair a light shade of orange. I thought I looked good but my mama told me, and I quote, that I "look like a Puerto Rican hooker." Mama Bagel doesn't hold back.

So why should this summer be any different? Mama Bagel is staying through the end of the month and thus far the conversation still gravitates toward my hair (it's a little long and should be pulled back), and now encompasses my sex life (it's a little loose) and my career (it's a little ill-defined).

Sigh.

In any event, what better way to divert attention from my personal angst than with the woes that accompany a brand new condominium going up in Harlem? Feast your eyes (below) on the new 50 West 127th Street condominium, being marketed by Brown Harris Stevens.

The structure appears pretty out of place with the rows of brownstones lining the block (between 5th and Lennox), but it's too soon to tell as building completion is scheduled for 2007. Although the Web site isn't yet up, the banner in front of the building assures area residents that they too can have a piece of the Harlem condo pie for 500K and up. There are parking spaces available under the building as well.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, bagel! You were sorely missed. As for the eyesore of a condo - I guess it's good that developers are still putting their faith in the nabe, contrary to what many Curbed posters like to think.

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not as bad as I thought. Expensive as hell, but the actual building isn't bad.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Elderta said...

Bagel!

We've missed you! Don't worry about that mama bagel angst... believe me, it never ends... never... sigh.

Anyway, "SoBro" says hello!

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back!
What annoys me about the condo is that it seems to have 7 stories, plus a big utility structure on the top. There had been no buildings beyond 6 story height in blocks around here until this building has come. I thought there is regulation that doesn't allow 7+ story buildings. Seems it is not the case. At least, the building has stained my happy window view.

Anyway, happy summer!

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home